Couplings are short lengths of pipe used to connect 2 joints of tubing or casing.
They come with painted colour codes on their external surface to indicate their grades.
Couplings are manufactured according to API 5CT and 5B specifications.
- API 5CT Certificate.
- 100 % customer satisfaction for Quality and Reliability.
- Superior Plating, Painting and Packaging Processes.
- After machining all couplings undergo 100% thread inspection.
- Colour Coding and Marking as per API Standard.
- MTRs available for all coupling.
1.900, 2-3/8, 2-7/8, 3-1/2, 4, 4-1/2 in
J-55, C-75, L-80, N-80, C-95, P-110
API 5CT, API 5B
4-1/2, 5, 5-1/2, 6-5/8, 7, 7-5/8, 8-5/8, 9-5/8, 10-3/4, 11-3/4, 13-3/8, 16, 18-5/8, 20 in
H-40, J-55, K-55, C-75, L-80, N-80, C-95, P-110, L80-13CR
BTC, STC, LTC
API 5CT, API 5B
Coupling pipe grade identification by paint color
Color Coding (Painted Outside)
J-55 or K-55
M-65 or L-80
Red with 1 Brown Band
L-80 Type 9CR
Red with 2 Yellow Bands
L-80 Type 13CR
Red with 1 Yellow Band
C-90 Type 1
C-90 Type 2
Purple with 1 Yellow Band
T-95 Type 1
T-95 Type 2
Silver with 1 Yellow Band
Q-125 Type 1
Q-125 Type 2
Orange with 1 Yellow Band
Q-125 Type 3
Orange with 1 Green Band
Q-125 Type 4
Orange with 1 Brown Band
|Country / Region
ZheJiang , China
Liner, Piston, Valve Assy, Swivel Joint, Hammer Union
11 – 50 People
|Total Annual Revenue
ISO 45001, ISO9001, ISO14001
Eastern Europe 24.00%
Mid East 23.00%
North America 15.00%
Why you need to choose CHINAMFG ?
As a professional oil and gas service company, Lake petro has many good experience is selling and serve for the oilfield
industies,quality is the culture of the company, we provide the API and BV certifed products for customer.
Can you make us the best quality products as well as a good price.
Yes. we can give you really quality products with best price,we have a better understanding of Chinese market, with us your moeny
will be safe.
What is special compare with other company ?
First, we provide the quality products, with BV and API certified, at the same time, we will provide the customer with the best
service after sale, any time any where.
How do Sleeve Couplings Contribute to Reducing Vibrations and Noise in Rotating Equipment?
Sleeve couplings play a significant role in reducing vibrations and noise in rotating equipment. Their design and material properties contribute to damping vibrations and absorbing shocks, resulting in smoother and quieter operation. Here’s how sleeve couplings achieve this:
1. Flexibility and Misalignment Compensation:
Sleeve couplings have a certain degree of flexibility, which allows them to accommodate small misalignments between the connected shafts. When the shafts are misaligned, the sleeve coupling can flex and adjust, reducing the transmission of vibrations from one shaft to the other. By compensating for misalignments, sleeve couplings minimize the generation of vibrations and the resulting noise.
2. Shock Absorption:
During sudden starts, stops, or changes in load, rotating equipment can experience shocks and impact loads. Sleeve couplings have some level of shock absorption capability, which helps dampen the effects of these shocks. By absorbing shocks, sleeve couplings prevent the transmission of high-frequency vibrations and noise to the rest of the system, resulting in a quieter operation.
3. Resilient Material Selection:
The choice of materials used in sleeve couplings also contributes to vibration and noise reduction. Certain materials, such as rubber or elastomers, are known for their damping properties. These materials can be incorporated into the design of sleeve couplings to absorb and dissipate vibrations, effectively reducing noise levels in the system.
4. Uniform Torque Transmission:
Sleeve couplings provide uniform torque transmission between the connected shafts. This balanced torque transmission minimizes torsional vibrations, which can lead to noise generation in the system. By maintaining a smooth torque transfer, sleeve couplings help achieve quieter and more stable operation.
5. Proper Installation and Maintenance:
Proper installation and regular maintenance of sleeve couplings are essential for their optimal performance in reducing vibrations and noise. Ensuring that the coupling is correctly aligned and well-lubricated can further enhance its ability to dampen vibrations and minimize noise levels.
In summary, sleeve couplings contribute to reducing vibrations and noise in rotating equipment by providing flexibility to accommodate misalignments, absorbing shocks, using resilient materials, and ensuring uniform torque transmission. Their ability to mitigate vibrations and noise enhances the overall performance and reliability of the rotating equipment, making them a preferred choice in various industrial applications.
Can Sleeve Couplings be Customized or Adapted to Specific Industrial Needs?
Yes, sleeve couplings can be customized or adapted to meet specific industrial needs. Manufacturers often offer a range of customization options to tailor sleeve couplings to the unique requirements of different applications. The ability to customize sleeve couplings makes them versatile and widely used in various industries. Here are some common ways in which sleeve couplings can be customized:
- Shaft Size: Sleeve couplings can be manufactured to fit specific shaft diameters. This customization ensures a precise fit, minimizing the need for additional modifications during installation.
- Material Selection: Depending on the application’s environmental conditions and torque requirements, sleeve couplings can be made from different materials, such as steel, stainless steel, aluminum, or even non-metallic materials like composites or plastics.
- Keyway Options: Some applications may require keyways to provide additional torque transmission and anti-rotation capabilities. Customized sleeve couplings can be manufactured with keyways that match the shaft’s keyway dimensions.
- Length and Diameter: The coupling length and overall diameter can be adjusted to suit the available space and installation requirements of the specific application.
- Electrically Insulated: As mentioned earlier, for applications requiring electrical insulation between shafts, manufacturers can produce electrically insulated sleeve couplings using non-conductive materials like ceramic or composite.
- Special Environmental Coatings: In harsh environments or corrosive conditions, sleeve couplings can be coated with specialized materials to enhance corrosion resistance and extend the coupling’s service life.
- Anti-Backlash Features: For precision applications, custom sleeve couplings can be designed with anti-backlash features to reduce play and enhance accuracy.
- High-Temperature Performance: Some applications involve high temperatures. In such cases, manufacturers can use materials that can withstand elevated temperatures without compromising the coupling’s performance.
When considering customization, it’s essential to collaborate closely with coupling manufacturers or engineering experts who have experience in designing and fabricating custom sleeve couplings. They can offer valuable insights and guidance to ensure the coupling meets the specific industrial needs and performs optimally in the intended application.
By offering a wide range of customization options, sleeve couplings can be adapted to various industries, including robotics, automation, machinery, pumps, conveyors, and more.
What is a Sleeve Coupling, and How is it Used in Mechanical Power Transmission?
A sleeve coupling is a type of flexible coupling used in mechanical power transmission to connect two shafts and transmit torque between them. It consists of a hollow cylindrical sleeve with an inner diameter that matches the shafts’ outer diameters. The sleeve coupling is placed over the ends of the shafts, and its flexibility allows for some misalignment between the shafts while transmitting rotational power from one shaft to the other.
The sleeve coupling is a simple and cost-effective coupling solution commonly used in various industrial applications. Its design allows for easy installation and maintenance, making it suitable for applications where frequent shaft disconnection and reconnection are required.
Here’s how a sleeve coupling works in mechanical power transmission:
- Shaft Connection:
The sleeve coupling connects two shafts that need to be linked together to transmit power.
- Flexible Design:
The flexibility of the sleeve coupling allows for some angular and axial misalignment between the shafts. This flexibility is achieved due to the clearance between the inner diameter of the sleeve and the outer diameter of the shafts.
- Torque Transmission:
When one shaft rotates, it transfers torque to the sleeve coupling. The flexible nature of the coupling allows it to compensate for minor misalignments and still transmit torque smoothly to the other shaft.
- Reduced Vibration and Shock Absorption:
The flexibility of the sleeve coupling also helps dampen vibrations and absorb shocks, preventing them from transferring between the connected shafts. This feature contributes to the smooth and efficient operation of the connected machinery.
Sleeve couplings have their limitations, including lower torsional stiffness compared to other coupling types, which may limit their use in precision applications with high torque and speed requirements. Additionally, sleeve couplings are not suitable for applications with significant misalignments or when precise angular alignment is crucial.
In summary, a sleeve coupling is a flexible and straightforward coupling used in mechanical power transmission to connect two shafts while allowing for some misalignment. Its simple design and ability to absorb shocks and dampen vibrations make it a popular choice for various industrial applications where precision alignment is not critical.
editor by CX 2023-11-27